Monday, January 19, 2015

Lessons and Tsunami Warnings

This last week went pretty great.

I think it might have been a record with lessons. We had 29 total. We were able to meet so many people and a few that we haven't seen in a while. On Tuesday or Wednesday the Tsunami warning system was going off. It scared me a little. Normally at the beginning of the month they do a test to make sure it's working fine. So the morning of the 1st or 2nd they turn it on for about a minute. But this time it went on and stayed on for about 15 or 20 minutes. It was going up and down in pitch and making some weird noises. But eventually it went off. We heard that there was a earthquake in Panama or something but we're okay. Nothing happened that I noticed. 

I don't even know what to really mention. It was just a busy week of trying to meet with people. We were able to finally meet with an investigator that the sister missionaries taught and committed to a baptismal date. After they left, this family got real busy and they weren't able to see us, but we finally got them home and started teaching again. The mom is a member, but she has a 10 year old daughter. We think that baptism will happen next month. 

There's another family that we are teaching that will have their children baptized. The son is 8, but the parents aren't married, and he's the son of the mom who isn't a member, so I guess it will count as a convert baptism. He will probably be baptized in the next month or early March. Wow it's weird to think that I'm not going to be here in March.... anyways...

Lawrence's  baptism went through. It happened on Sunday night at 5. He asked that one of us missionaries do the baptism and one do the confirmation, so with me leaving I guess I was the one for baptism. The confirmation will happen next week at church. We made the program, I think it turned out nice.... haha A lot of the ward came out to support him. A big part of the young men's program came to support him as well, and he had lots of family there. The day was pretty busy. We went to church, went to meetings after church, then tried to visit just a few people before we had to go to the chapel and start filling up the font. We got there about at 3. The zone leaders were there at church (their ward doesn't get out until 4) so we talked with them for a while. 

We went out to lunch with one of the members to Teddy's Bigger Burgers. It's pretty good. Probably adds so much unhealthiness to my diet but it was good. I had a burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno, a hashbrown, and sauces. Had garlic fries too...

Well I feel that I can't remember a lot of big things that happened this week. I'm sure I'll have lots to say. I won't be training Elder Egbert. He's been out for just two transfers though. Kamalani Kiaha said he will be there on the island at the end of the month, so I should be able to see him soon. I still need to pack. Something tells me I'm going to be staying up tomorrow night trying to get it all in.... haha I think I should be able to fit it all. 

Hope you have a great week.  Much love!



Elder Niita

No comments:

Post a Comment