Monday, November 3, 2014

November Already?

Aloha again :P

This week has been getting a little better each day. It seems like it's going to be a slow process of getting the work up and going, but we've been able to set up a few more appointments for this coming week. Should be good.

Tuesday we had our Zone meeting. The trainings were good.  I've kinda figured out while I've been out here, that not a lot of people think in the way I do. Not that they're wrong or anything, but I guess I just go about things differently. Maybe it's good, maybe not, but it's just the way I do things. Altruism is what I want to be motivated by. At any rate we had a delicious dinner, which was lasagna (haven't had that is sooooooooo long)!

Wednesday we got to meet with a few families in our Ward. One of the people we set up an appointment with, didn't tell their family we were going to come by, so they were about ready to go to bed when we showed up at 7:30. But they let us in anyways. We also visited another family and they brought a nonmember friend over visiting from Kalihi (in Honolulu). We shared a lesson and committed her to read from the Book of Mormon. We asked to get her address, but she forgot to include which apartment number was hers within her building, so we'll see if the missionaries over there can figure it out. Dinner this night was pizza from Costco. 

Thursday we were invited to go ministering as a Ward. Thursday nights, our Bishopric and a few other leaders get together to go visit less actives. So we got there (late, of course....) and the Ward Mission Leader gave us a couple of names to go visit. We went and set up an appointment with one of them, but the other didn't answer.... oh well. Dinner  Thursday was some great spaghetti. 

Friday was a fun day. We got to teach one less active member (right next to where we live). But no one else wanted to meet with us Friday.... (well, no one answered their doors really....) haha but we were told to end our proslyting at 5. After that a member took us out to eat at Zippy's. It's a more high quality L&L. We should go there (hint). I love the Korean Chicken. We got together as a District after at the chapel to play games and stuff. Played some spoons mostly. 

On Saturday we met with another less active in the Ward. We have been mostly working with less actives since we've been here in the Ward).  He talked with us for a long while, but he has a great story. He needs some fellowship though. He's gone through a lot of things and it seems like some people in the Ward aren't really interested in being his friend. But that's okay, because we'll just fill in there. I enjoy getting to know people, especially when they trust me enough to tell me their life story and how they got to where they are. Dinner was all out Japanese (well mostly). We had sashimi, some beef marinated thing, different kinds of pickled cabbages, rice and some salad thrown in. It was real good. 

Sundays are usually the pretty tiring days. I was asked to play the organ in Sacrament again. (This morning one the of the members we saw commented on how she noticed I was using the foot pedals too). I played "I believe in Christ," "I Stand all amazed," and "Testimony." Not too hard of songs. To answer your question, I can't decide if I like the organ or piano better. They're so different. But maybe I'll learn more when I get back. The Sister Missionaries in the ward taught the gospel principles lesson. Dinner was pasta. Haha I don't know the name of the noddle.... but it was with the marinara sauce. 

We did another day of yoga this morning. I think I'm getting better. I can almost balance in a lot of the poses. haha. I've been trying to get the head stand down: kinda like a hand stand on your head.... But after we got flu shots (the mission asked us all to get them) and then we got shave ice as a district. I got strawberry, raspberry and melon flavors with ice cream at the bottom. 

I think I might gain weight while I'm in this area. We've been fed soooo much just in this short time. At least we're working off some of it when we bike, but I think I've kinda been stuffing myself too much...... hmmmmm I'm about at my starting weight. I think I was closer to 5 under that when I first got here. 

Elder Dyer was asked to be the district leader. He's been doing pretty well for being out just two transfers and being asked to do it. He's been great though - he's a good hard working missionary. Makes sure we get out and do things. 

Well hopefully this next week will be great. Lots of stories to talk about. But much aloha. (Aloha wau 'ia 'oe!)


Elder Nitta
Oh the joy of a sequestered Halloween

Yoga anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment