Monday, September 15, 2014

This week has been keeping us decently busy

Aloha again!

Sooooooo we spent nearly all morning on a hike this time. We were going up the mountain that Kalani went missing on. We did go all the way up to the top, but nothing. Though it was some crazy exercise. I haven't sweat like that in a while haha. Before the hike I was probably around 155 pounds, but after I weighed myself and the scale said 149. Sooooo I'm not really gaining weight. I just have to not stuff myself as much as I can every time. But the sister missionaries in our zone came with us. The district they were in was doing something else and they weren't invited.... so they asked if they could come with us. I think we all are super wiped out now. My legs kinda hurt. haha

The work this week has been going well. We now have 5 with dates. Three coming up on the 27th of this month. One is with the less active family starting to come to church in Makaha. Chaz (the baptizee) is 9 and gonna get baptized. The other 2 are from Waianae. It's a big family. The dad has been less active for most of his life, but he's recently started to come back. The wife isn't a member and they have something like 6 kids, one of which is old enough to get baptized. So that should be exciting. The other two are from a family in Makaha. They too are just starting to come back to church, and the 2 youngest in the family can get baptized. So their date is October 18th I think. 

I'm not sure if I'll still be here by that last date. Our transfers are coming up in the beginning of October. I've been in this area for 5, almost 6 months now. I'm still with the other 2 elders that were first in Waianae. I'm just not sure if president would want me to stay in the area for a new elder that comes in, so that someone knows the people, or if he would send me out and whitewash the area. Or he could even split up us in the trio and send one of us to Makaha for good and send the other to Waianae. Can never know, but I'm not worried. I do only have three more transfers after this one ends, so I'll probably have only one morea area, wherever it is. 

On the way to the library, which is in Kapolei, there was a huge car crash on the freeway. Looked like some big rig rolled and caught fire. So all of one side of the freeway (farrington highway) was closed and they used one of the lanes on our side to have the cars going the other way go through. Needless to say, we hope that it's all cleared up by the time we head back that way. We have a dinner to catch. Haha I feel kinda ridiculous thinking about how we have dinners all the time. Tonight is with a member in waianae. I'm starting to get some people down. Still got lots more to meet. 

This week has been keeping us decently busy. We're out basically all day meeting with people in both the wards. We get in the 20s-30s range of lessons, but reporting them turns into the 10-15 per area. But it seems like president is happy that we are keeping busy. Elder Baker has been out for only a couple months, so he wants us to make sure he learns well. 

Actually both of our recent converts in the ward weren't able to come to church this week. Keoki, the boy, got sick, so we don't really know what's going on with him. Valleria, the Chuukese lady, actually has been mia. She moved to a place in Waianae area, but we couldn't find her there. We just hope she's still planning on going to church. But we have no real way to contact her. No phone, no address. And our ward is good with having someone play the music, usually. Most of the time, our elders quarum president plays the music, but sometimes (like yesterday) I might have to fill in with prelude. Sister Warner said I should practice playing the organ as much as I can though.

I hope you are serious about having people help you at work. You shouldn't stay that busy. And I hope all those around take note of all the extra work you put in. 

Consider the Lilies:

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, how they grow.
Consider the birds in the sky, how they fly, how they fly.
He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the birds in the sky.
And He will feed those who trust Him, and guide them with His eye.

Consider the sheep of His fold, how they follow where He leads
Though their paths may wind across the mountains. He knows the meadows where they feed.
He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the birds in the sky.
And He will feed those who trust Him, and guide them with His eye.

Consider the sweet tender children who must suffer on this earth. 
The pains of all of the He carried from the day of His birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the sheep of His fold.
And He will heal those who trust Him, and make their hearts as gold.

Well I love ya lots. Hope you keep on going no matter what. I pray for you always. 
Elder Nitta

No comments:

Post a Comment