Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aloha and Happy New Year!

Aloha and Happy New Year!

Well today we have another preparation day, so I am currently at the stake center in Hilo on the Big Island. My new comp's name is Elder Shute, from Utah. I actually came out with him. We were in the same MTC class.

This island is crazy. It's suuuuppppeeeerrrrr country, especially more towards out where I live. Hilo is the "city" and we live about 20 to 30 minutes southeast of there. There are some more missionaries that live farther away though. The farthest away is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. Well there's green everywhere. The island is huge. I haven't seen the ocean since I left Honolulu. I feel like I'm on the Mainland. People talk more local kine pidgin. Totally different from Honolulu. And it rains a lot here! It's been raining a for the past week here. They had lots of floods everywhere in town right before I got here, but it's slowing down, and not as wet out. Haha

We spent the night last night as a Zone at the stake center.  We played games and celebrated the new year. One of the missionaries brought a fire knife stick and was going crazy with it. I think a couple people burned themselves with it.  Oops

It's been a fun 2 days so far. Left my second "son" back in Honolulu. Hopefully I'll see him around some more. I hope all is well. Sorry not too much has happened since Monday except that everything is different haha. Love you lots


Elder Nitta

No comments:

Post a Comment