Monday, August 5, 2013

Musical Fireside's are super good here!

Hey Momma!

Sorry I didn't have an opportunity to email earlier today.  I'm still doing well and yes, still in Wailuku. We have about 4 weeks left of this transfer and I'm expecting to transfer and leave this beautiful area. I'll be happy wherever I serve.  Everybody says Maui is the the best zone.  It certainly has treated me well.

This week was kinda the same.  I think I told you that one of our investigators got married last week right?   He has been investigating the Church for basically years, he said we shouldn't be surprised about when he wants to get baptized.  (He said he's going to try to pick the date.... knowing him it could be this weekend).  I did tell him I'm probably leaving Maui at the end of this month, so hopefully we can see that happen while I am still around.  Selfish? Yes, but it is funny how we grow close to those we teach.

We had a musical fireside this last Saturday.  It was super good.  Brother Tuitele in our Ward organized this stake wide (island wide) activity specifically for missionary work.  There were 16 singers that sang a bunch of songs from 12 to 20 years old.  The building was packed and it was super spiritual.  I'm hoping that the investigators there did feel the spirit and felt great from that.  They had people bear their testimonies too, so that was icing on the cake.  

We had a keiki (child) baptism this last week.  We taught a less active family and their 8 year old just got baptized.  It doesn't count for Missionary numbers, but it was great to be able to see them come closer as a family.  

Well I hope all is well with the family back home.  Momma, keep striving to have the spirit more in you life through daily prayer and scripture study.  'Ofa Atu (love you)


Elder Nitta

No comments:

Post a Comment