Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm eating too much fast-food!

Aloha!

Great to hear about the family.  Things are changing, but that's good.  I have a good feeling that I won't be there at home when Gavin gets married... haha

We are struggling right now with half solid investigators.  We have plenty of people to teach (a dozen or so) but they never can make/keep appointments and we have since struggled with numbers.  I know that numbers aren't important, but it almost makes me feel like I'm not doing much work when we don't teach much.  I know I can work harder.  And I should work harder.  Hopefully we can pick it up this coming week. 

I'm probably going to be leaving Maui in a couple of weeks.  Transfers end on the 28th.  I've been here for about 6 months now.  Elder Holyoak is doing great.  I feel that they are probably going to have him train a new missionary next transfer, and probably send me off to Oahu or something.  I'm both happy and sad that it's going to be the last little bit here.  I really want to see more of Hawai'i but I know that this a great place to serve - everybody always says Maui is the best zone.  I am grateful for the time I've been here, but now I/ve gotta make sure that I don't waste what time I have left.  I want to see some of the people I have been working with get baptized!

Our investigator has finally gotten married!  I think I told you that, but now he's waiting on his baptism.  Yesterday he told us that he is going to get baptized, he just doesn't know when.  I kindly suggested he might do so before I leave Maui. haha  He's a great kid.  His family visits Vegas almost every year.  They're planning on moving to Utah this next year though.  

I feel like we as missionaries eat too much fast food.  It's almost a daily thing.  I don't think I've gained any weight, if so it's under 5 pounds, but I think that that's probably because I'm biking around every day.  I hope that a car won't change that.  Members feed us so much sometimes.  I feel so blessed that I get to be somewhere where I can count on a meal every night.  Some missionaries get annoyed when they don't get a lot of food.  I have probably surpassed the number of meals Logan and Gavin got on their missions combined in my first transfer. 

We hiked up to Haleakala again this morning.  It's a once-a-transfer thing.  I didn't really take many pictures this time.  I've been up there 4 times now.  The first time it was freezing, but now it's been warming up at 10,000 feet.  Probably around 50 degrees today.  First time was probably in the 40s or 30s.  It can get cold in hawaii - I bet you didn't know that.

Well today is going to be a relaxing day.  Hope yours is going to be also.  This mission has helped me grow my testimony so much.  I'm thankful for all the growth I have had in this time.

'Ofa Atu


Elder Nitta

No comments:

Post a Comment