Monday, July 22, 2013

On the Island of Maui Five months! Beautiful!

Rananin! (Chukese today)  

This past week was pretty good.  It's been slowly getting better and better as time has gone on.  I feel like the work really slowed down when Elder Mitton left, but it's starting to pick up again.  We finally had 2 people at church (did I say 'finally')!  It's sad though because we have two other people that are set up with a date to be baptized, and they weren't there.  But I'm praying and hoping for some kind of success.  

Last week we had a mini missionary.  A kid from the Pukalani Ward here on Maui, came with us for 3 days and was a missionary.  Kinda prepping for his own mission.  It was fun.  I feel like I got to teach more about how to be a missionary, and that missionary work isn't just all knocking on doors, at least not here in Hawai'i.  I feel like I've been on this island for long enough though.  Been here almost 5 months now.  I feel like I'm ready to move on to teaching new people and helping to solve new concerns.  Well, I'm on to my last transfer here on Maui probably.  Five more weeks, then I'll be shipped somewhere else probably.  

I need to ask you to pray for our Zone. I feel like the zone I'm in has kinda gone downhill as far as work ethic in missionaries.  When I first got here every one worked and was obedient to the mission rules.  But over time, through the changing of mission leaders, people have relaxed (as far as how a missionary should act).  There's a fine line between having fun and being obedient.  It's just sad to see how this zone used to be filled with hard workers.  Now it's basically the missionaries that are about to go home and all the new missionaries that have been out for less than 6 months.  I feel that some of the missionaries don't set a great example.  Hopefully it will improve though.  

Well just about everyone here on the island of Maui has asked me to play the piano for one thing or another.  I just had to run to a baptism in Lahaina (on Saturday) to play for them.  Apparently there is no one there in the Ward that plays.  They were having a tourist play for their Sacrament these past few weeks!  Well I don't mind it, but sometimes I wish I could use my time more effectively.  

Well I love you lots.  I hope you are doing well, and working hard learning about missionary work. Thanks for being an amazing example and parent.  Hope Sister Nitta is doing well.  She hasn't emailed back yet. Hint Hint...


Elder Nitta

No comments:

Post a Comment