Monday, June 17, 2013

God Be With You Till We Meet Again

Aloha momma

This week has mainly been dedicated to finding new investigators.  We had 8 new ones this last week. (The goal each week is 4) So that's exciting, except that none of our investigators showed up at Church.  But hey, at church a kid came up to me after sacrament and said that he went to Centennial and that you helped him out a lot.  He was from Australia and played football.  Sorry I don't remember the name.  But the whole family came up and met me.  It was super great.  His father is Japanese and his mother is Australian.  His father was an All American Football player and then a Rugby star in Australia as well.

I do remember Talia.  It's great to hear she is coming to BYUH.  And I will most definitely, at one point  serve on the island of Oahu.  Missionaries say that it's inevitable because about 2/3 of our Zones are there.  Elder Holyoak is great.  He is super ready to work and to get out and go.  He motivates me. 

So yesterday, I beefed it on 'the' bike.  I was just going with one hand on the handle bar and the other was holding an object lesson that we were going to teach when I went over a bump and fell.  Haha - you would have laughed.  I got a bruise on my leg and a scrape on my elbow but I'm doing well.  People here are always willing to provide any kind of help that you need.  And apparently I was a sight because a lot of people came to my rescue.  If I hadn't ruined the object lesson, I would have began teaching right there on the street. 

This last week we had a Zone Conference with President Dalton.  It was his last Zone Conference.  Pretty soon the new Mission President is going to come in.  It was great to wish him well.  We sang God be With You Till We Meet Again in Hawaiian to them.  The Missionaries all gave them a bunch of gifts.  Overall it was great. Through President Dalton, I have learned how to be a better missionary.  

Well, we have two people set up with a date to be baptized!  We're just hoping and praying that they go through.  One kid needs to be married first, (I'm not sure if that's going to happen though).  We haven't seen him in a long time - but he has set a marriage date to be this Saturday.  Hopefully he pulls through.  Then I actually met family of Elder Kirk Kiaha.  They sent him a message to get in contact with me, so hopefully that can happen soon.  It would be great to see him again.  He is either in Utah or on the island of Molokai.  Molokai is VERY close to where I am serving in Maui.  

It's crazy to think I've been here for over 3 months now.  But it's great, being able to help others come unto Christ and learn and progress so much.  It's amazing to see the changes in people's lives and to see how they can grow so quickly.  Most important, it's been amazing growing closer to the Lord through missionary work.  The best is yet to come!

I love you guys.  Have a great week!

Elder Nitta

Ke akua pu a hui hou kakou
Kona aloha ke hoo malu
Ho'oauhee ina po i no
Ke akua pu a a hui hou kakou

Hui hou, hui hou
Mako Iesu mau wawae
Hui hou, hui hou
Ke akua pu a hou hou kakou

(God Be With You Till We Meet Again)

No comments:

Post a Comment